Source: From the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This in no way alters my opinion or review.
Publication Date: October 13, 2026
Rating:
Goodreads Synopsis:
Experience the idyllic magic of the Hundred Acre Wood like never before through this charming graphic novelization of A. A. Milne and E. H. Shepard’s beloved classic, Winnie-the-Pooh.Adapted by Kevan Chandler and Eisner Award-winning artist Joe Sutphin, this enchanting adaptation brings all ten original Winnie-the-Pooh stories to life with soft, captivating colors and sprawling scenes that are faithful to the heartwarming spirit of Pooh and friends. Follow along for an adventurous romp through the Wood as Pooh helps Eeyore find his tail, gets stuck in a tight space after eating far too much honey, tries to catch a Heffalump with Piglet, joins Christopher Robin on an Expotition, and more.Perfect for both new readers and lifelong fans of all ages, this beautiful graphic edition is a treasure to be cherished for generations to come.
Review:
It has been a while since I read the Winnie the Pooh stories but I remember some of them.
This new/ adapted Graphic Novel does a great job holding on to that nostalgic vibe that I remember with illustrations that look and feel older. They have a soft pastel coloring and the artist did a wonderful job at recreating this world.
The text is pretty much directly quoted from the original although slightly edited to fit into the graphic novel format. There were 10 stories compiled and we see Pooh, Christopher Robin, Piglet, Owl, Eeyore, Rabbit, and Kanga and Roo. I was a little disappointed that there was no Tigger yet, that might be disappointing to other fans as well. My favorite is Eeyore so I was happy his gloomy raincloud self made the cut.
Overall this was a beautiful re-mastered version that I think all audiences will enjoy.


No comments:
Post a Comment