May 22, 2022

Building the Book Pile #397

Welcome to Building the Book Pile!

Hello Readers, Bloggers, and Awesome people! 

Hello my internet friends, I hope you are well. 

Let's look back for a bit...

Last weekend we had a blast at the Mad Hatter's Gin & Tea Party, any excuse/ reason to get dressed up..right?!

  

I was back to work this week but still managed to get some reading in, although not the amount I wanted to get done. I feel like every season I say is the 'busy season', and I guess they all are but for different reasons... spring and summer are taken over by vacation, mowing the lawn ALLLL the time, fun time random outings, and gardening... so that is what I have been up to. Do you have any fun vacation plans for the summer?  I feel like I am traveling more than ever now. 

That being said, I did have the chance to pick up some great books this week 😀 my TBR only grows but that is ok. 

And now looking forward...

Anywho, I am on my way today to Boston to watch my sister graduate from college, with a double major, and already having a job in NYC lined up... you might remember CC from posts WAAYYYY back in the day (#ProudBigSis). I know... you feel old now too, don't ya? I am excited to go celebrate today with her. 

Then tomorrow morning, I am flying to meet my mom and other sisters down at the beach for the week. So... I packed about 5 physical books in addition to the ridiculous amounts of ebooks and audiobooks I have at my fingertips on my phone (because never enough books, and no shame). I am really excited for the time to read... and also be with family 😋

I really hope everyone is taking the time for some self-care these days! 💜

If you are interested in supporting my ability to stay awake and read please consider dontating - Coffee  is appreciated ... Ko-fi
 


Coming up on the Blog

It is Middle Grade week on the blog (not planned😂)...

Early Reader Review: If You Find a Unicorn, It Is Not Yours to Keep by DJ Corchin (MG)

Early Reader Review: Unicorn Selfies by Dana Simpson (MG, GN)
 
Blog Blast: The Natural Genius of Ants by Betty Culley (MG)

Recent Reads:  The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow by Katherine Woodfine (MG)


Books Received Recently...

I splurged a bit this week... oops.
I had preordered

and picked up the others while out shopping.

I also snagged The Once and Future Witches by Alix Harrow on Audible for my trip (even though I have the paperback)


Comment or leave me a link and I will see you online again soon.
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment