Jul 8, 2013

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Updates Post!

 
Hello Read-a-Thon-ers! The Hosts are awesome go say hello to them, Candace, Lori, Angela & Loretta, and join the Thon!


2013 Plans!

Cover2CoverBlog Day 1 Mini Challenge- Enter Here!


Monday, July 8

Progress: Things always seem to go crazy around my read-a-thon days :/ Oh well. Today I have read about 50 pages more of Hit the Road, Helen! (it's 6:30pm)

Mini Challenges: I have replied/ commented to most of the Mini Challenge Entries.

Participated in the Book BFF Mini Challenge: Commented on the video. Here is my comment: My Book BFF is Michelle at playingjokers we were friends before book blogging and we met at a job at GMU, we worked together for a few years and then both left but stayed friends. We exchange great reads all the time!

Tuesday, July 9

Progress: Today I am at work so there won't be too much reading, but I did listen to a disc of Far Far Away on the ride into work this morning.
 

Mini Challenges:  Mini Challenge from Better Read than Dead

You're in a bookstore and you've just purchased 5 books you've been dying to read, when the apocalypse hits. (Zombie, Demons, Vampires, Dean Winchester vs. Sam Winchester (yes, I'm watching Supernatural reruns) I don't care what apocalypse). You've got one chance at survival, what 2 books do you take and what 3 other items do you take? 

Hm this is so hard.. items -- matches, a water bottle with a filtration system, and food i guess, normally I would like to have a weapon but come on I am pretty sure I would be a chicken and run away anyway to I will keep to supplies versus killing instruments...or I could use a heavy book... lol
http://www.wildbackpacker.com/wp-content/uploads/freezedried_foods.jpg

Matches / Water Bottle / Food Image Sources
The two books part is even more difficult:  but if i had to choose I think it would be Lullaby by Chuck Palahnuiuk and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Lullaby
 Covers link to Goodreads.

 
Wednesday, July 10  
Progress: I finished another disc of Far Far Away this morning and am hoping for another on the way home today :), I finished Hit the Road, Helen! finally...and am readying Wacko Academy while on break for lunch today :)

I will post again tomorrow morning with my full Recap , Good luck finishing the Read-a-Thon everyone!

Mini Challenges
Completed the Rainy Day Ramblings challenge (I love Puzzles!)

Dizneeee's World of Books Challenge asked us to tell her: Favorite genre, favorite book within that genre, and your favorite character from the same genre.
    Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1)Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)
  • Favorite genre is Young Adult
  • Favorite book is probably Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
  • Favorite character is... hm... Yukiko from Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff -- she is awesome and has a cool pet/ mount! woot!


What is a Readathon?

A Readathon is where you set a goal for yourself to read more books that is beyond your average number of books you read. There is no minimum, it’s all up to you, and you can read any book that suits your fancy! Push yourself to get some of those books read that have been sitting on your shelves for awhile!

Follow OUReadathon on Twitter!
If you have any questions please email: onceuponareadathon(at)gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Aww thanks! You're my book and non-book friend. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thinking with the water bottle with filtration :D

    My OUReadathon

    ReplyDelete