Jul 7, 2012

Recommended Reading: Once Upon a Read-A-Thon

Hello All, This Monday -Wednesday I will be participating in the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon hosted by Lori at Pure Imagination, Angela at Reading Angel and Candice at Candace's Book Blog.

 Once Upon a Read-a-Thon 

Here are a few books I recommend to read if you are participating in the Read-a-Thon
 OR if you need a good beach read

The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie
 I don't know about you, but a great beach read is short, easy to read, and full of mystery, thus a great Hercule Poirot novel!
The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers
A SUPER long book, but full of adventure.

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kawaga
Wonder! Wonder! Book! Go read it! On of the best this year.- Vampires :)

Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
Another great book, werewolves :)

Last but not least
Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen
Dark, Angsty, New take on Angels, very quick read if you enjoy twists.

6 comments:

  1. Immortal Rules is a big one but I devoured the whole thing in one day it was so good!

    I really want to read Hemlock as well!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hemlock started a little slow for me but then I ran through it once it picked up. Great book. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I just read Hemlock and I agree, it's a great choice for the read a thon. It's definitely a page turner.

    Have fun during the read a thon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh The Immortal Rules was such a fantastic read but then again..it IS Julie Kagawa so.. LOL
    Dark kiss was an a-okay read for me, but still good (;
    I'm participating in this too! Can't wait to chat about the books we'll be reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Kawaga's other books yet, I have been meaning to. This one was super good.
      Have fun with the read a thon

      Delete