Jul 24, 2012

Recent Reads: Diary of the White Witch (East End Prequel) by Melissa de la Cruz

Diary of the White Witch: A Witches of East End PrequelDiary of the White Witch: A Witches of East End Prequel by Melissa de la Cruz

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Background: Diary of the White Witch is a prequel to the Witches of East End series. This novella is taken from Diary of Ingrid Beauchamp. They are her diary entries explaining how she found and got the job at the library and how mysterious dark things have followed her.

Review: I have not read the Witches of east end books yet, but I plan on it, so I though that by reading this "prequel" I would gain a better understanding of the East End witches and why the books began, but in reality it was just too short to get into and did not really give enough detail to explain the plots later. I will still read the books, but as a prequel this really falls flat. I think that if you have read the beginning of the series already it would make a lot more sense, so maybe calling it a prequel but numbering it 1.5, so that you read it after the first book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment