Sep 25, 2018

Movie Time: The House with a Clock in its Walls

Sometimes I watch something that is not a comparison for Movie Monday, but I want to share my thoughts about it, so Movie Time!

BUT this movie is based on a book - I just have not read it, so let me know in the comments if you have and how it stacks up. 

The House with a Clock in its Walls
Release Date: September 21, 2018





Rating:


Review: 
The House with A Clock in its Walls seemed like a movie I would be SO into. It is about magic and a house that comes to life and I was so excited to go see it and overall it was pretty good, but not the greatest movie I have seen. 

I have not read the book but know that it is based on one, so I am interested how it compares; however, I don't have the time to pick it up right now. So the movie as a stand alone is what it is. 

The movie follows a young boy, Lewis, who goes to live with his uncle after his parents pass away. The house that he now lives in has secrets and is magic and Lewis is excited to live in such a cool place and learn all about it. As most kid books/movies go, Lewis gets lonely and wants to impress a friend and releases something super evil that is looking to destroy the world. 

The magic and the jokes throughout this movie are what made it a good movie for me, but my husband thought it was really bad. So it won't be for everyone. It is rated PG and there are a lot of name-calling bits and sometimes some things are pop-out scary but I think the rating fits well. 

Overall, I think that this movie had the potential to be so much more, but as it stands it was an enjoyable few hours for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment