Nov 13, 2017

Discussion: Genre Lovin'


Today is a Discussion Day here at Cover2CoverBlog. I am trying to start these a little more since they seem fun :) I hope you enjoy and if you have any topic suggestions let me know in the comments.

Today's Topic

Genre Lovin' - Retellings/ Adaptations

If you have been around the blog a while you know that I am LOVING retellings lately and lucky for me there are been SO many on the market for all levels of readers. 

I found this wonderful graphic from Epic Reads and it got me thinking about the retellings that I love and so I wanted to compile a list from my blog for you of some they might no t have included (and I have Middle Grade books too!)

YA RETELLINGS - An epic chart brought to you by EpicReads!

Cinderella
Their list includes Throne of Glass - I kind of get that but not really... what do you think?
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)  Mechanica (Mechanica, #1) 


Snow White
Stitching Snow 

Mythology
Persephone (Daughters of Zeus, #1)  The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
A Beautiful Fate  Loki's Wolves (The Blackwell Pages, #1)

Jack and the Beanstalk
Mighty Jack (Mighty Jack, #1) 

Bluebeard
 Strands of Bronze and Gold

Beauty and the Beast
Belle's Tale (Disney Beauty and the Beast, #1) The Beast's Tale (Disney Beauty and the Beast, #2)
Peter Pan
Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1)

Alice in Wonderland
Complete Alice in Wonderland After Alice
Wizard of Oz
Spelled (The Storymakers, #1)
 
The Wild Swans
This is a fairy tale from Hans Christian Andersen that I wasn't even familiar with before reading this book!

Spinning Starlight 

Sherlock 
Not really a retelling but a wonderful adaptation :)
The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1)

Robin Hood

Will in Scarlet 

Compilations
These books have a little bit of everything...
Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1)  The Spell Thief (Little Legends #1) Tom Thorneval: Dream Merchant Extraordinaire  Far Far Away 
The Grimm Chronicles, Vol. 1

Do you have a genre that you are geeking out about lately? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment