May 10, 2020

Building the Book Pile #325


Welcome to Building the Book Pile!  A Weekly meme inspired by Stacking the Shelves

Hello Readers, Bloggers, and Awesome people! 


I hope that everyone is still doing well and is safe and healthy. I miss being able to just go out to a store and grabbing dumb things and not essentials but we are really limiting our out of the house time as much as we can. Grocery store is really our only outing every week aside from walks during lunch. 
How is everyone coping?

We started a virtual book club with some friends and family and have been having Zoom calls with family too. It has been nice. We are staying busy with homework (me), reading, video games, and house projects as well. 

In other news, I marathoned about 6 graphic novels the other night and it was amazing and just what I wanted and needed. I also have finished a few books and have reviews on their way for all of the above. 

(Sorry) I realize that last week I had planned to review The Southern Book Clubs Guide to Slaying Vampires but after I finished it I had A LOT of thoughts I needed to get straight before sitting down and reviewing it, so that review will be coming THIS week.

If you enjoy the blog and want to share some love and caffeine, you can buy me a coffee via Ko-fi

Share about your week with me in the comments below!
 



Current Giveaways




Coming up on the Blog

Recent Reads: The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix (Adult)

Early Reader Review: Superman Smashes the Klan by Gene Luen Yang (YA, GN)

Recent Reads: The Secret of the Stones by Ernest Dempsey (Adult)

Recent Reads: Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie (Audio)


Books Received Recently...

  Cat's Cafe: A Comics Collection  Superman Smashes The Klan Happily Ever After & Everything In Between  I Left The House Today!: Comics by Cassandra Calin  Phoebe and Her Unicorn Book 12  You Brought Me The Ocean 

Cat's Cafe: A Comics Collection by Matt Tarpley  from Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing  for review.

Superman Smashes The Klan (Superman Smashes the Klan #1-3) by Gene Luen Yang from DC Comics for review.

Happily Ever After & Everything In Between by Debbie Tung from Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing  for review.

I Left The House Today!: Comics by Cassandra Calin from Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing  for review.

Virtual Unicorn Experience (Phoebe and Her Unicorn #12) by Dana Simpson from Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing  for review.

You Brought Me The Ocean by Alex Sanchez, Julie Maroh from Netgalley and DC Comics for review.

Other Books that I picked up...
The Cleric's Vault (Sean Wyatt #2; Lost Chambers Trilogy #2)  The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)  Harley Merlin and the Secret Coven (Harley Merlin, #1)  Take Control of Your Life

The Cleric's Vault by Ernest Dempsey (Sean Wyatt #2)  borrowed from Amazon Prime Reads Library

The Falconer by Elizabeth May (The Falconer #1)  borrowed from Amazon Prime Reads Library

Harley Merlin and the Secret Coven (Harley Merlin #1) by Bella Forrest - Audible, Buy one Get one deal

Take Control of Your Life by Mel Robbins - Audible, Buy one Get one deal


Have you missed anything lately?

Comment and leave me a link to your Round-up/ STS/ Weekly...anything, post and I will stop by and say hello!
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment