Aug 21, 2013

Recent Reads: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Available: Now!
 

Source: Won a long time ago :)
Format: Audiobook


My rating:


Goodreads Synopsis:
In Clockwork Princess, Tessa and her companions travel all over the world as they race to stop the clockwork army before it’s too late. As Jem’s health worsens alarmingly and his friends search desperately for a cure, can Tessa choose between the two boys she loves—even if it means never seeing the other one again?

Review: Clockwork Princess starts us off right where Clockwork Prince left us. Tessa, Jem and Will are still at it and forming greater bonds while the Magister is still on the run and in hiding. The Magister still wants Tessa as his weapon against the Shadowhunters but no one is sure why.

The story starts off with a recap and a bang and the plot takes off from there, at 13 CDs I never thought I would make it through them, but oh my this book was such an emotional rollercoaster! I am not even sure how to put it into words, and honestly I can’t because I would spoil everything.

We have known about Jem’s health from the first book and in this one it is so bad, I found myself getting upset at the mention of him name because I thought he was going to die in every scene.

Will is just as stubborn as always but trying to be better about loving the people around him without being too much of a dick and now he is tormented by his sisters presence as well.

The Magister is a tricky man and that becomes all the more clear as this plot thickens and his infernal devices are just that and more.

I really liked the tie-ins between this series and the Mortal Instruments series (most of which are at the end), they made me happy and even more interested in the previous series and I may go back and re-read knowing the things I do now. I found this to be a wonderful book, but it definitely took a toll on my emotions and you should be prepared to go through all of your emotions while reading or listening to this book.


Oh and I heart Magnus Bane so much! He is such a wonderful and interesting character thrown into everything.

Interested in the Series? Here are Amazon links and Reivews


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment