May 2, 2013

Blog News: Blogger, GFC, Google Reader

New and Updates!

I have put off this post for long enough I think. While so many bloggers have already notified their followers officially, I decided to wait until I had a little more information on the recent Blogger/ GFC/ Google Reader announcement:
We launched Google Reader in 2005 in an effort to make it easy for people to discover and keep tabs on their favorite websites. While the product has a loyal following, over the years usage has declined. So, on July 1, 2013, we will retire Google Reader. Users and developers interested in RSS alternatives can export their data, including their subscriptions, with Google Takeout over the course of the next four months. Source

This announcement saddened me, I read everything in Google Reader and really liked that as you scrolled down things were marked as 'read'...



 







So when I heard, I started trying all sorts of other readers to find one that suits me, I tried Feedly but I didn't really like the layout and it was a pain to make posts as read and click through all the blogs in the column... 



So I moved on to Bloglovin which I really liked, there is a "Mark all as read" button so i can scroll through and actually go to the blogs or glance through and then mark them. You can even categorize your blogs, so I made a Top Reads section for the blogs I ALWAYS read. 
 
Marked as Read blogs...


So, I would like for my followers, mostly those of the GFC variety, to follow via Bloglovin, Networked Blogs, or Linky.-- or any other ways you enjoy.

There are rumors that since Google reader is leaving so will be GFC :( So Here are the links to your various Follow Options. I will be leaving GFC up, but please be aware that you may not be able to use it/ pull from it soon. No official report on this has been issued regarding GFC, but with so many features leaving... let's plan ahead!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment