Jun 19, 2012

Recent Reads: Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock


Hemlock (Hemlock, #1)Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Background: Mac is a teenage girl dealing with the loss of her best friend Amy. Amy was brutally murdered by a werewolf, however that is not uncommon. Werewolves permeate society and LS or Lupine Syndrome is occurring all over as the government tries to figure out how to handle the LS infected persons. Mac's best friend Jason has been acting strange since Amy's death and it has become her goal to find out what really happened to her friend.

Review: Couldn't put it down! I really loved this book. I started reading and only go about 10 pages in and was a little unmoved by it at first. Seemed like the same teenage angst and whining...only it got so much better! I jumped from page 10 to 71 and then on and on...even when I thought the plot was going one way, the predictable way, it surprised me and took another direction.

Mac is a strong girl, her parents aren't in the picture and she is being raised by Tess who is fairly close to her age. I loved the werewolves in this book. I thought it was great to have them be known about and have LS be a disease contracted, rather than a supernatural ailment that only affects some.

The author did so good. Mac's sarcasm is wonderful and the story line is great. But I cannot say much because a lot of twists occur and I don't want to ruin them for anyone...just go read it!

Recommended for supernatural lovers, those who like some teen angst and a strong female role. Go get it now!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment