Aug 30, 2019

Monthly Re-Cap: August 2019



Hello Readers, Bloggers, and Awesome people! 


Where did summer go? It was here for a few weeks really... I am fine with the hot weather going away but I am dreading the chaos that work brings in the fall. 

August was and still is a busy month though, we had our work 'offsite' which I planned - which was meetings, mini gold, and pizza 😀, it was orientation for the new class of students and we were very involved in that for two weeks, plus finishing 2 classes and starting a new one. My sister came to visit for an afternoon, (she is at Boston University this fall, and is excited for her transfer ... now in the big city), on Saturday I am planning to have a yard sale - I need to purge some junk and also probably some books 😕

All that said, Sept and Oct are my happy place - Ren Fest🍂, Corn Maze🌽, Apple Picking🍏, Pumpkin Carving🎃, HALLOWEEN💀!

~~Books I Read in August~~

not all pictured
Who Stole the Hazelnuts?    The Unadjusteds  Wild Horse    Texts from Mittens: The Friends and Family Edition  A Warm Friendship     The Library of Ever by Zeno Alexander    The Crayons' Christmas

Still didn't post a TBR list, but again I kept myself somewhat on track... while taking 2 summer courses, I call that a win. 

I think for September I will post one though...


    ~~Links to Some Reviews from Books Read in August ~~ 

    Dessert Cooking for Two by Robin Donovan (Cookbook) - 3 stars
    Challenge Accepted: 100 Word Searches by Andy Kravis (Puzzle) - 4 stars
    How to Make a Mom by Claressa Swensen (Youth) - 3 stars
    Wild Horse by Kyle Richardson (YA, Novella) - 4 stars



    ~~ Reviews from previous recaps ~~
    The Okay Witch by Emma Steinkellner (MG, GN)- 3 stars
    Don't Let the Beasties Escape This Book! by Julie Berry (MG) - 3 stars


    ~~Coming Soon Still~~ 

    September
    The Starlight Claim by Tim Wynne- Jones  (YA)
    Snug Harbor Stories by Will Henry (GN)
    Rivals! Frenemies Who Changed the World by Scott McCormick (MG)
    Jukebox Joyride by Jacob Stein, Jason Rabinowtiz and the Pop Ups (MG)
    Harley Quinn Breaking Glass by Mariko Tamaki and Steve Pugh (YA, GN)
    Texts from Mittens by Angie Bailey (Comic, Adult)


    October
    Bird Count by Susan Edwards Richmond and Stephanie Fizer Coleman (Youth) 
    Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker and Wendy Xu (YA, GN)

    November
    You are Home with Me by Sarah Asper-Smith (Youth)


    No comments:

    Post a Comment