Jul 1, 2014

Recent Reads: Chalk by Bill Thompson


7662594
Chalk by Bill Thompson
Publisher: Marshall Cavendish Children's Books
Publication Date:  March 1, 2010


 

Format: Hardback
Source: From BEA 2013 Signing


Rating:


Goodreads Synopsis: 
Three children discover a magical bag of chalk on a rainy day.
 Review: 

I have had this book on my shelf since BEA 2013, I met the amazing artist who put it together and had him even sign the book, but I had yet to read it. Well…it is a picture book so even better! So I finally sat down with this adorable book and found myself laughing out loud.

In the book three kids come across a bag of sidewalk chalk and realize that it is magic, whatever they draw comes to life. So the girls draw cute things like butterflies while the little boy decides on something bigger – much bigger.

The illustrations in the books make it absolutely wonderful, Bill Thompson is amazing. I love the idea that all it takes is some chalk and some creativity and so many marvelous things can happen.  A wonderful book for your not-yet readers and summer adventures.

3 comments:

  1. If you like this, you'll might like The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson. It's a totally different genre, but it's about students that fight a war of chalklings. It was one of my favorite reads last month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny...I picked up The Rithmatist up about a month ago, guess I really need to read it now :)

      Delete
  2. Aww this is such a cute premise! I have started to buy more and more books for my lil one - he's 3 and already loves to read (or be read to I guess lol)! So I'll be taking note of this one! :)

    ReplyDelete