May 28, 2015

Armchair BEA 2015: Day 2 - Visual Expressions & Social Media

Armchair BEA Headquarters
It is another year and that means another Armchair BEA for those of us who couldn't make it to the actual BEA Conference.  
(Click the Banner for more info)

 This year there is even a theme! DIVERSITY!!! WOO HOO.
If you haven't already, go sign up to play with us, Armchair BEA registration is HERE.

Day 2: Visual Expressions & Social Media

...Visual Expressions...

 Woot for today! I love Graphic Novels, Comics, and Picture books! OH SO MUCH. I love to add them in to read-a-thons as breaks from long pages of words and enjoy the colors and art of wonderful illustrators and artists. It is just such a relief. So here are some of my favorite series (right now) and where to start if you are interested.

Courtney Crumrin Volume 1: The Night Things 

Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things (Volume 1) by Ted Naifeh 

Courtney is one of my favorite series, I love the dark macabre art that it includes and I love the storyline. Courtney is a young girl whose family decides they are going to move to live with her creepy old uncle in a mansion that looks and feels like it is out of the Addams family. Courtney soon realizes there is more than meets the eye with her uncle Al and the story is AMAZING.

Harley Quinn #1 

Harley Quinn #1 (The New 52 Series) by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti

So I love me some Batman but that is a lot of backstory to trudge through it you really want the whole experiences - so I stick to what I love - a strong female and Harley Quinn or Harleen Quinzel is just that. AND you get a good amount of story and some back story about her in this new run of comics about her. The New 52 came out in 2011 as a revamp of the older DC comics - trying to regain readership. It was a great idea. There is some time for you to catch up on the 16 or so comics that are out now as DC (and Marvel for that matter) are going another angle for a bit with their new Convergence (and Marvel's Secret Wars). The new Convergence run was only for two months but when we come back to Harley I think we are getting a Harley/ Power Girl Mash up...
Sorry the nerd came WAY out on that one :/



Lenore: Noogies (Issues 1-4)

Lenore by Roman Dirge - Volume 1 Noogies


I am sensing a pattern in myslef with all these creepy crazy female leads in my comics ...hmmm... I should think on that... OH WELL!

Lenore is another one of these darker graphic novels I have read and I think her is adorable - she is a little dead girl who has a plethora of other strange talking things to help her on her adventures, slight spoiler - they do sometimes kill people, but mostly it is COMPLETE coincidence :)

Here are a few others that I enjoy...
Johnny the Homicidal Maniac: Director's Cut  Wolverine: Origin II  The Amory Wars, Volume 1: The Second Stage Turbine Blade  


 

...Social Media...

Social Media is daily for me, I have an office job and there is some down time so I am online A LOT. I have accounts with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Goodreads, Librarything... I think that is all of them.

 I use Facebook more in my personal life than for Blogging - however I do have a Cover2CoverBlog Facebook Page, feel free to stop by and say hello. 

I have a Twitter account that I hop on almost daily to read through real quick and both my Facebook Page an Twitter are automatically fed my blog posts. Although druing BEA I am not on Twitter much because the jealousy is strong when I see all of the books people are getting -- and I am working :(

I use Goodreads and Librarything for finding books and reviewing very regularly and am on them ALL the time.

 The other accounts are really just around, I use them every so often but not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment