Jan 31, 2018

Monthly Re-Cap: January 2018



Hello Readers, Bloggers, and Awesome people!
January, the month of new beginnings and resolutions and all the goals and planning. Did you set goals for the year? Feel free to share yours in the comments!

I have a new Goodreads goal, it is to read 130 books this year, and I am participating in the Blogger Shame Challenge and I am off to a pretty good start. With a reading slump from the holidays, I needed to get back on track so I started with come children's books and comics and I was back in action after that! I am hoping the rest of the year stays productive but the hubs and I are on the same work schedule now so there might be less reading time - we shall see... So far he has been wonderful about asking me if I want/need to read and I love him for it 😍. 

I am looking forward to February, there is a lot of fun stuff on my calendar but also a bunch of great books on my TBR and I am excited to do some reading.

How was your month? What are your goals? What did you read this month?


~~Books I Read in January~~
  Over The Garden Wall #1  Monstress #12  The Golden Glow  Fox and Raccoon (Juniper Hollow)  Night Study (Soulfinders, #2; Study, #5)  Klaus #1  Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy #1  The Crowns of Croswald (The Croswald Series)  With Love, From Me to You Women Who Dared: 52 Stories of Fearless Daredevils, Adventurers, and RebelsThe Pink Umbrella Harley Quinn (2016-) #24 Harley Quinn (2016-) #25 Harley Quinn (2016-) #26 Harley Quinn (2016-) #27 Harley Quinn (2016-) #28 Harley Quinn (2016-) #29
        

How did I do on my January TBR?
I finished 3 of 3 WOOHOOOO!

    ~~Links to Some Reviews~~

    Over the Garden Wall #1 Newbury Comics edition by Pat McHale (Comic) -3 stars
    Lumberjanes Gotham Academy #1 by Chynna Clugston Flores (Comic) -4 stars
    Monstress #12 by Marjorie Liu (Comic) -4 stars
    Klaus #1 by Grant Morrison (Comic) - 5 stars
    Night Study by Maria Snyder (YA, Adult) - 4 stars
    The Crowns of Croswald by D.E. Night (YA) - 5 stars 
    With Love from Me to You by Mary Manz Simon (Youth) - 3 stars
    Women Who Dared by Linda Skeers (Non-fiction, YA, MG) - 5 stars
    Harley Quinn #24 (Comic) - 4 stars
    Harley Quinn #25(Comic) - 5 stars
    The Pink Umbrella by Amélie Callot (Youth) - 5 stars
     Harley Quinn #26 (Comic) - 5 stars
    Harley Quinn #27 (Comic) - 4 stars



    ~~Reviews Up This Month From Previous Re-Caps~~

    The Mutts  Spring Diaries by Patrick McConnell (GN) - 4 stars



    Reviews still on their way to you: 
     Coming soon in 2018 ...
    Harley Quinn #28  (Comic)
    Harley Quinn #29 (Comic)
    Crafty Cat and the Great Butterfly Battle (Crafty Cat #3) by Charise Mericle Harper (MG, GN) 
    My Bed by Anita Bijsterbosch (Youth)
    Fish-Boy by Vanita Oelschlager (Youth) 
    Lies We Tell Our Kids by Brett Wagner (Adult, GN) 
    A Windy Spring Day by Wendy Dunham (Youth, MG)
    Unicorn of Many Hats by Dana Simpson (GN, MG) 
    The Golden Glow by Benjamin Flouw (Youth)
    Fox and Racoon by Lesley-Anne Green (Youth) 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment