Jul 14, 2012

Early Reader Review: The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter
Available: July 24th, 2012
Publisher: HarlequinTEEN

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Background: This book in the Goddess Test series tells the tales of the gods in the series: Calliope/Hera, Ava/Aphrodite, Persephone, James/Hermes, and Henry/Hades. They are five short novellas about each of these gods and goddesses and how they came to be the way they are by the time Kate Winters meets them in the Goddess Test.

Review: Wow! This was novellas done right. It was a book, a whole book, not 100 pages without completion. The stories themselves are not too lengthy but they tell you a lot about Carter's characters and why they act how they do in the Goddess Test series. My favorite story was Hera's, only because now I fully understand why she is so upset, however even though I finally get it, it doesn't mean that I fully feel for her, she screwed up too and blames others for her own actions (sad face). Ava and James have always been fun characters and I still think they sure do have family issues all around.

I liked reading about these characters outside of the story, and I think that in between books 2 and 3 was very god placement on Carter's part, now we know more about them and maybe it will give us more insight when we get to book 3. :)

Review Copy from HarlequinTEEN and NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment