Jan 12, 2013

Recent Reads: Lullaby (Watersong #2) by Amanda Hocking (Audiobook)

Lullaby (Watersong, #2)Lullaby by Amanda Hocking
Format: Audiobook
Available: Now from Macmillan Audio

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Disclaimer: If you have not read Wake yet, please be aware this review does contain some spoilers.

If you would like to read my review of Wake, it is here.

Background: Lullaby starts right were Wake ended, no time passed, only a few days really. Gemma is with the Sirens trying to survive in her new form and Harper is at home trying to cope and find her sister with the help of others.

Review: As an older sister, I loved that this book in the Watersong series was mostly from Harper's point of view. I understand the compulsion to take care of my siblings, but also get super frustrated with them. I am a fan of Harper and her story line. I think she is great...and we cannot leave out Daniel...SWOON! I love their adorable relationship and how it is progressing...so slowly though...arg!

I feel for Gemma in this book more than the last, she is going through the change for real now, needing to eat and do monstrous things if she plans on surviving with the Sirens. I hope that she stays herself and strong.

I enjoyed the further development of the Sirens and their personalities, they aren't all the same and it really shows in this book. I am glad they are not so one dimensional.

My only gripe with this book is that, I feel like these two- Wake and Lullaby - could have been one book, I am not sure the length or content of books 3 & 4, but I think this could have been a set of a few less than 4. The story just seems to cut off like the end of Wake.

Will I read the next book? YES for SURE, but still...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment