Jan 24, 2013

Early Reader Review: Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans (Audiobook)

Level 2: Memory Chronicles by Lenore Appelhans
Available: Now!
Publisher Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Format: Audiobook
Source: Random House Audio for Review


 
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Background: Felicia is dead and reliving her life through her memories, she is not sure where in the afterlife she is, but it is a strange place. He is confronted with her past in many ways, including Julian who tells her she must fight for her afterlife and her chance to be with the one she loves.

Review: Level 2 is an interesting place, somewhere like a purgatory, only it has technology and the technology allows you to relive your life over and over through a database and network of your memories. I was immediately sucked in, what a cool way to learn about a character, not through daily events as a plot, but through her own memories of herself and their relevance to the plot… MIND BLOWN... it was good.

I received an audiobook of Level 2 from Random House Audio (Thank you!) and was so excited to start listening to it, I could barely stop, I brought the discs in the car, to my laptop at home, and to my office; I wanted to know what was happening. There was a tension throughout this book that only left me wanting more and moments where I wasn’t sure I wanted to listen because I knew the end was so near.

Anywho…Felicia is our main character, she is hard to get a read on, and like I mentioned you only learn more about her through her memories of her past, so it is a little slow going. Other characters were just as vague and mysterious, the swoon-worthy Julian, some rebels, a boyfriend- Neil, and various levels of angels, some good and some evil.

Overall there was a lot of key plot points about trust and whom to trust in level 1- life and level 2- the midway point; so I look forward to seeing where the series will go.

Listen to an excerpt here!


No comments:

Post a Comment