May 24, 2012

Still on my Mind #3

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiVQPtaB0zPbGWCkoSJLgm8QGjh1bQo4VLUMy6U3Kc4HM1BZdQiFJoSgeztXdgKiS9V1_Ix6RAF5xGRnrGnTW65K6mW6QnpI1aCT7VrhwPIbJTK48aMKZK70AK5Kuwf9k-wq5TbWeFB1Fo/s1600/STILLONMYMIND.jpg
Still on my Mind is a meme created by YA-Aholic to feature a book that you read months or even YEARS ago that was so good (or so scary/unique/funny..etc) that it is 'Still on my (your) Mind!'

This week the book that is still on my mind is...

Haunting

Goodreads Synopsis:

"The classic supernatural thriller by an author who helped define the genre. First published in 1959, Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House has been hailed as a perfect work of unnerving terror. It is the story of four seekers who arrive at a notoriously unfriendly pile called Hill House: Dr. Montague, an occult scholar looking for solid evidence of a "haunting"; Theodora, his lighthearted assistant; Eleanor, a friendless, fragile young woman well acquainted with poltergeists; and Luke, the future heir of Hill House. At first, their stay seems destined to be merely a spooky encounter with inexplicable phenomena. But Hill House is gathering its powers-and soon it will choose one of them to make its own."

Why this is still on my mind?

This was a wonderful book, I rated it at 3 stars though since it isn't one of my favorites, just one I remember a lot. I read this a long time ago, I would say middle school and it has held with me. Shirley Jackson writes beautifully adding suspense to any tale. The Hunting of Hill House was very eerie, especially when you read under the covers with a flashlight, like most of us readers have.

I actually really like The Lottery more than this story and I think I read them in a compilation... The Lottery was very macabre.

What's still on your mind?!

1 comment:

  1. Ah I have never heard of this one!! I have a few books that I feel the same way about, even though they weren't a favorite, they were still memorable!(:

    Great pick hun! (:

    http://www.ya-aholic.com/2012/05/still-on-my-mind-3-woohoo.html

    ReplyDelete