May 23, 2012

Early Reader Review: Dragon Age: The Silent Grove by Davis Gaider

Dragon Age: The Silent GroveDragon Age: The Silent Grove by David Gaider
 Available: July 25th, 2012
Publisher Dark Horse Comics

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Background: King Alistair sets out on a dangerous quest with the pirate Isabela and Varric Tethras. While on the move, they encounter thieves, assassins, witches, and dragons. Quests can’t be easy.

Review: I did not play the Dragon Age games, however I have friends that did as well as my husband, which means I watched a lot of people play. The characters from the games are very well depicted here in this graphic novel. Alistair is a very interesting personality, a king, but not afraid to do things himself. The illustrations are beautiful, using a full range of colors and the details are amazing. The adventures of Alistair, Isabela and Varric are entertaining, and there are dragons, and you cannot go wrong with dragons. If you liked the games or if you enjoy a good graphic novel, this is for you. And it is a pretty short read, only 83 pages. Enjoy.

Review copy provided by the publisher via Netgalley.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment