May 18, 2023

Spicy Series Review: The Vicious Lost Boys by Nikki St. Crowe

The Vicious Lost Boys by Nikki St. Crowe


Publisher: Blackwell House LLC
Format: Ebooks available on Kindle Unlimited

AUTHOR NOTE: This series is a reimagining of Peter and Wendy. Characters have been aged up for this darker, grittier version. If you like your enemies to lovers romance with hot, ruthless, morally gray love interests, you’ll enjoy this series. You can expect hate kissing, fighting, bickering, and ‘touch her and I’ll unalive you’ vibes. 

Series Rating


The Never King, Book 1

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27405327-pop-manga-coloring-book?from_search=true  https://www.amazon.com/Pop-Manga-Coloring-Book-Beautiful/dp/0399578471?ie=UTF8&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0399578471&linkCode=as2&redirect=true&ref_=x_gr_w_bb&tag=x_gr_w_bb-20

Goodreads Synopsis: 
The stories were all wrong — Hook was never the villain.

For two centuries, all of the Darling women have disappeared on their 18th birthday. Sometimes they’re gone for only a day, some a week or a month. But they always return broken.

Now, on the afternoon of my 18th birthday, my mother is running around the house making sure all the windows are barred and the doors locked.

But it’s pointless.

Because when night falls, he comes for me. And this time, the Never King and the Lost Boys aren’t willing to let me go.

The Dark One, Book 2


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27405327-pop-manga-coloring-book?from_search=true  https://www.amazon.com/Pop-Manga-Coloring-Book-Beautiful/dp/0399578471?ie=UTF8&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0399578471&linkCode=as2&redirect=true&ref_=x_gr_w_bb&tag=x_gr_w_bb-20

Goodreads Synopsis: 
I spent most of my life feeling dead inside -- until I met Peter Pan and the Lost Boys.

It wasn't until Pan and Neverland that I finally felt alive.

But things are not all full of magic and sunlight on the island. There's something darker and more sinister haunting the forest.

And worse, the fae queen and Captain Hook are ready to fight for control of Neverland and they will stop at nothing to get what they want. Including using the one thing Pan never thought he wanted or needed -- me. I'm a descendant of the Darling family and now I belong to him and the Lost Boys.

War is brewing -- can the Never King get his shadow back and assume his rightful throne? And if he does, where will I fit?

Or will all of Neverland be in jeopardy right along with my dark, twisted heart?

Their Vicious Darling, Book 3

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27405327-pop-manga-coloring-book?from_search=true  https://www.amazon.com/Pop-Manga-Coloring-Book-Beautiful/dp/0399578471?ie=UTF8&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0399578471&linkCode=as2&redirect=true&ref_=x_gr_w_bb&tag=x_gr_w_bb-20

Goodreads Synopsis: 
The Dark One has finally accepted me…just in time for everything to change. Because Vane’s brother, The Crocodile, has just arrived on Neverland soil and he’s not alone. He’s brought with him members of the royal Darkland family and they want Vane’s Death Shadow back at any cost.

Of course, Peter Pan, Vane, Kas and Bash, they’re all familiar with war. But war isn’t easy when love is on the line.

I know those vicious Lost Boys would do anything to protect me. But what if I’m not the one that needs saving?

As power shifts on the island and shadows are claimed, all five of us have to let go of who we were, if we have any chance of becoming who we are destined to be.


The Fae Princes, Book 4 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27405327-pop-manga-coloring-book?from_search=true  https://www.amazon.com/Pop-Manga-Coloring-Book-Beautiful/dp/0399578471?ie=UTF8&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0399578471&linkCode=as2&redirect=true&ref_=x_gr_w_bb&tag=x_gr_w_bb-20

Goodreads Synopsis: 
I thought Peter Pan was a myth and Neverland a fairytale. A story spun by my mother who had lost her mind a long time ago.

But there was no denying the overwhelming shadow cast by Peter Pan when he was standing in my house.

Pan took me captive to Neverland and I somehow found my place among him and the Lost Boys.

I’ve never looked back.

Now I’m entangled right alongside him in a war we can’t seem to escape. We thought we had defeated our enemies.

We thought we could finally have our happily ever after.

But there was one enemy we never saw coming.

A fairy who has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

The fairy with golden wings and a dark, twisted heart.

She wants Peter Pan and the island and she’ll stop at nothing to have both. Including destroying anyone who stands in her way, even her own flesh and blood.


The Vicious Lost Boys series begins as a struggle. Darling Girls - taken on their 18th birthdays to Neverland by Pan, and Winnie is skeptical of this, but she is about to turn 18. So when Pan does come for her, she is surprised and panicked. All she knows is that Darling women come home mentally broken and she will do anything to avoid that. 

The first book of the series is very much a seduction story, Winnie trying to win over Pan and the Lost Boys, and trying to figure out what they need from her. The books that follow are more about found family as lovers so there is a lot of spice and moral grey in this series. The overall focus becomes Winnie with 4 men, Pan, Vane, and the Fae boys - Kas and Bash. We shift from the abduction to shadows and magic, and then all out war. 

I liked this series, yes it was very spicy, but the story was also an interesting reimagining of Pan and Wendy, and the characters were interesting all in their own ways. Was the writing perfect, no, but they were fast -paced and you could run right by issues. I had a lot of emotions reading and that was the enjoyable part. The characters made me want to scream in anger, I was frustrated, I swooned for the romance... if you could call it that. I think overall this was just a run adaptation overall. 

There are a lot of triggers though, here are some: Child Abuse, Violence & Gore including blood and bones, Drugs & Alcohol abuse, Death, Murder, Kidnapping, Slut shaming, Sexually explicit scenes, Emotional Abuse, Physical and Mental Abuse...

There aren't a lot of things that I won't read, so this series was ok for me, but it might not be for you. It certainly falls in the DARK erotica category. The only really bothersome for me was the slut shaming - it persisted throughout the books and the amount of times the word wh*** was used was far too many, even after they were 'together' and that one irks me. 

They all end on a cliffhanger - so be prepared for that. I flew through books 1-3 in February and then had to wait for book 4 to be released at the end of March. Now I am impatiently awaiting the next series about Roc, Hook... and Wendy. YES THAT WENDY.

No comments:

Post a Comment