Aug 31, 2018

Monthly Re-Cap: August 2018



Hello Readers, Bloggers, and Awesome people! 


Yay! It is almost Autumn!!!! I am getting so excited for cooler weather and all the fun fall activities and delicious treats! But we are here to talk about August - WOO! August was a mess but also great. 

Some Greats: We had a visit from family, the World of Warcraft expansion is OUT!, we had a wonderful day kayaking with friends, we had a brewery tour day, AND the Renaissance fair was early this year (we normally go in Sept). 

Some Bummers: We had a pet pass away, and that was very sad but expected. Timmy, our beardie, had a long life and being in Vermont it was surprising he lasted this long (temp control up here is a beast). I overburdened myself with reviews and tours and had to quarantine myself for days to get books read and because of that I haven't been able to PLAY the expansion of my game....

In other news, I bought the book for my first class 😳, this is getting more real - I go back on October 1st so still a month to get my sh** together.


~~Books I Read in August~~

Everywhere You Want to Be  The Phantom Tower  Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)  The Moons of Barsk (Barsk, #2) 
Goldilocks and the Infinite Bears: A Pie Comics Collection  Harley & Ivy Meet Betty & Veronica  Luke and Lottie. It's Halloween! 
The Mystery Boxes (Explorer, #1)
How did I do on my August TBR
I finished 2/3 but noted two more for tours - which were the Barsk books, so really 4/5... lol which is pretty good!
    ~~Links to Some Reviews~~

    Everywhere You Want to Be by Christina June (YA) - 4 stars
    The Phantom Tower by Keir Graff (MG) - 4 stars
    Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard by Lawrence Schoen (Adult) - 4 stars
    The Moons of Barsk by Lawrence Schoen (Adult)  - 4 stars
    Goldilocks and the Infinite Bears by John McNamee (GN, Adult) - 5 stars 
    The Mystery Boxes (Explorer #1) - not reviewed, 3 stars



    ~~Reviews Up This Month From Previous Re-Caps~~
    The Carnivorous Carnival (#9) by Lemony Snicket (MG)- 5 stars
    Sheets by Brenna Thummler (MG, GN) -4 stars 
     The Steves by Morag Hood (Youth)- 3 stars
    A Fall Ball for All by Jamie Swanson (Youth) -4 stars


    Reviews still on their way to you:
     Coming soon in 2018 ...

    Harley and Ivy Meet Betty and Veronica (#1-6) by Paul Dini (Adult, GN)
    Anna at the Art Museum by Hasel Hutchings (Youth) 
    The House of Lost and Found by Martin Widmark (Youth) 
    Luke and Lottie: It's Halloween! by Ruthe Wielockx (Youth) 
    Chilly da Vinci by Jarrett Rutland (Youth)
    A Valentine for Frankenstein by Leslie Kimmelman (Youth)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment