May 3, 2013

Video Review: The Flame in the Mist by Kit Grindstaff

The Flame in the MistThe Flame in the Mist by Kit Grindstaff
Publisher: Random House Audio and Delacorte Press 
Available: Now, April 9th, 2013 


My Rating: 





Format: Audiobook
Source: Random House Audio for review

Background: Jemma has lived at the castle as long as she can remember, but recently she has learned that she is not part of the family that lives there. She was kidnapped as a child and stolen to take her magic at her coming of age. She must leave the castle to find her real parents and protect herself, while also trying to fulfill a prophecy.



Written Review (For those who don't  want a video): I loved this book. It took me a while to get through it, not for lack of plot but because I was listening to the audiobook in my car and just wasn’t spending enough time in the car :/ 

My favorite thing about this book was Jemma’s pets, she has 2 albino rats that she adores and that help her through rough patches on her journey. They are cute and not your normal pets and I loved it! Jemma is a thirteen year old who is super strong, so much so that when you are listening, you forget how young she really is. I really liked that, she wasn’t super whiney and I could relate to her at points. 

The book is geared toward a Middle Grade audience but I think adult and YA fans would really enjoy it. This is definitely a tale of good versus evil and the characters are amazing. The Agromonds are the evil family that has taken Jemma and they are super evil down to their cores. Then there are Jemma’s real parents who are genuine and nice and all things good. There are also many other characters that step in throughout to help or hinder Jemma and her progress… so you may find a few characters you enjoy. 

Overall, a spectacular book.

Listen to an Excerpt



3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!

    WOW gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire the work that you do there. Must be a challenge to do a VIP blog each week. But very appreciated,Google, Face book and any other company would be G L A D to sell your information to everyone under the sun if they were allowed to.

    utah web design

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see your article. I like it so much. And I think everyone does. Phien dich tieng anh

    ReplyDelete