May 2, 2013

Recent Reads -- Grimm Fairy Tales Presents: Sleepy Hollow by Dan Wickline

Grimm Fairy Tales Presents: Sleepy Hollow
Grimm Fairy Tales Presents Sleepy Hollow by Dan Wickline
Publisher: Zenescope Entertainment
Available: April, 2013 NOW

 
Format: ebook
Source: Diamond Book Distributors and Netgalley

My rating:



Background: The legend of Sleepy Hollow has been a classic for centuries, and in modern day Tarrytown the legend begins to come back to life. The Headless Horseman is back to claim the head of those that betrayed him.

Review: I enjoy the story lines of the Grimm Tales, but always have a bit of an issue with the women in the drawing. They are huge chested and overly sexy, which works great for the male population I guess but it deters me from loving the graphic novels.

Anywho, the plot here was great, a modern retelling of Sleepy Hollow; Headless Horseman, blood and guts and missing heads…marvelous! I love the story. Here we are in Tarrytown at the college and there is a betrayal amongst friends that spurs from cheating on exams. I think the modern take was done well, it was interesting and there were a few surprises along the way too.

The drawing was great, very graphic though, so lots of blood and missing heads, as well as crazy eyeballs. Not for those that do not like violence, and if you have an issue with women with giant unrealistic chests I would steer clear as well.


View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment