Aug 30, 2012

Recent Reads: Rift by Andrea Cremer

Rift: A Nightshade NovelRift: A Nightshade Novel by Andrea Cremer
Available: Now
Publisher: Listening Library (Audio) 
 
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Background: Ember is a noble daughter of a Lord who has been promised to Conatus upon her sixteenth birthday. She is whisked away by the Knights of Conatus and begins her destiny there. Set in the time period of the Great Schism and the 100 Years War, darkness is brewing throughout their lands, and the Guard of Conatus stands to save them. But lurking in their ranks is someone also partaking in the dark magic and something must be done to stop them.

Review: I have not read the Nightshade series but was blown away by this prequel. I LOVED it. I received this copy as an Audio book from Random House Audio and could not wait to get back into my car to finish listening…and for the record I HATE driving so that was awesome! Ember is our main character who is strong, independent, clever, and brave. Barrow Hess, her mentor is strong, masculine, and apparently very good looking…
Following Ember as she is taken from her home (willingly) where she was under her father’s thumb to this adventure of a life in the ranks of Conatus was wonderful. I was nervous when she was and frustrated with her when her father was an idiot. Her and Barrow’s relationship was also fun to follow, I was not sure if it was going to progress at all or if the characters stubbornness was going to draw a line, you will have to read to see. :)
Being a huge nerd, I loved the historical references to the Schism and the War in this novel; even jokes were made about them, which I was laughing out loud about in the car. I am eagerly awaiting Prequel #2 Rise.

Copy received from Random House Audio in Exchange for and Honest review.
View all my reviews

Trailer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment