|Design credit: Nina of Nina Reads|
Hello wonderful Readers and Armchair BEA...ers... :)
Since I couldn't go to BEA I was really sad :(... THEN I found all these awesome bloggers and Armchair BEA. So today we start with introductions, here is a little bit about me...
- Please tell us a little about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
- Hello, my name is Stephanie aka Gorelenore on Twitter and the blog, and I have been blogging since the end of January 2012, so only a few months. I got into it because my husband said that I needed a hobby and it should involve books because I read ALL THE TIME. So I started my blog and everything just kind of snowballed from there.
- What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
- Right now I am reading Lost inTime by Melissa de la Cruz and Rapture by Lauren Kate. I am also listening to Fated by Alyson Noel on audiobook on the way to and from work (Also hosting an audiobook giveaway). I am not really sure what the best I have read so far this year is, there have been so many really good ones; I really liked The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda (review here) and The Immortal Rules by Julie Kawaga (review here).
- Tell us one non-book related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
- Um, well, I am not sure how many people actually read my About Me page, so I guess it would be that I am a teacher. I got my Master’s in Humanities with a specialization in Art History in 2010 and immediately got a job at the local community college teaching Survey of Western Culture. I love it! And it seems that my students really like me. I am pretty young so a lot of them are my age or a little older.
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
- Hopefully, still going strong. I hope to form more relationships with other bloggers, authors, and publishers for more giveaways and interviews. I think that this type of blogging really involves the community as a whole and I would love to become imbedded in it more.
- Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
- Not really. I have always really enjoyed reading Young Adult works, they are easy reads, especially when you are getting your graduate degree and need something softer. I have to say that what is has done is improved my reading. I am reading a lot more, and faster then I thought I ever could.