Jun 4, 2012

Armchair BEA: Introductions First!

Photobucket
Design credit: Nina of Nina Reads


Hello wonderful Readers and Armchair BEA...ers... :)

Since I couldn't go to BEA I was really sad :(... THEN I found all these awesome bloggers and Armchair BEA. So today we start with introductions, here is a little bit about me...
  
  • Please tell us a little about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? 
    • Hello, my name is Stephanie aka Gorelenore on Twitter and the blog, and I have been blogging since the end of January 2012, so only a few months. I got into it because my husband said that I needed a hobby and it should involve books because I read ALL THE TIME. So I started my blog and everything just kind of snowballed from there. 
  • What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
  • Tell us one non-book related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. 
    • Um, well, I am not sure how many people actually read my About Me page, so I guess it would be that I am a teacher. I got my Master’s in Humanities with a specialization in Art History in 2010 and immediately got a job at the local community college teaching Survey of Western Culture. I love it! And it seems that my students really like me. I am pretty young so a lot of them are my age or a little older. 
  • Where do you see your blog in 5 years? 
    • Hopefully, still going strong. I hope to form more relationships with other bloggers, authors, and publishers for more giveaways and interviews. I think that this type of blogging really involves the community as a whole and I would love to become imbedded in it more. 
  • Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
    •  Not really. I have always really enjoyed reading Young Adult works, they are easy reads, especially when you are getting your graduate degree and need something softer. I have to say that what is has done is improved my reading. I am reading a lot more, and faster then I thought I ever could.

Thanks for visiting!!! 

<3 Gorelenore

6 comments:

  1. I may only be getting my undergrad right now, but I agree on your point about easy reads. I've been trying to tackle A Tale of Two Cities, but sometimes it's just too much thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, YA reads are much quicker and less thought involved...most of the time.

      Delete
  2. Aww, already reading Rapture!! I hope it's good and that you're enjoying it :) :) Have fun at aBEA! :) ;)

    PS: Turn off the captcha for this week ;) It's easier for people to comment ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rapture is getting pretty good. I love the story :).

      Thanks for letting me know about captcha, I thought it was off already, but I guess it reset at some point :/

      Delete
  3. Yay teacher bloggers! (though I'm on the other end of the spectrum, in elementary school!)
    It was great visiting your blog via Armchair BEA, I hope you have a great week!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete