Jun 26, 2022

Building the Book Pie #401

Welcome to Building the Book Pile!

Hello Readers, Bloggers, and Awesome people! 

Happy Sunday folks! I had to travel for work this past week, we had a blast in New Orleans though. Even though we had a great trip, I am a bit down about what is happening in the country. 

Women's rights shouldn't be moving backwards but here we are. I understand that some, often for religious reasons, don't want abortions to happen, but as a woman that has had to have an "abortion" after a miscarriage I can say that sometimes they are medically necessary. There are a number of other reasons they might be medically necessary as well... I wish I could say that I am sorry to be bringing this up, but if we don't talk about it, it is a bigger issue. Things need to change. My body should be fully MY body regardless of the state I live in and it is scary. 

I hope that you and your loved ones are taking the time you need if this has impacted you. Our mental health is not great as a country already and this is just another burden we have to bear. 

How was your weekend? 
If you are interested in supporting my ability to stay awake and read please consider dontating - Coffee  is appreciated ... Ko-fi
 


Coming up on the Blog

Recent Reads: The Unplanned Life of Josie Hale by Stephanie Eding (Adult)


Books Received Recently...
 
 


My Self, Your Self by Esme Shapiro (Youth) - From Netgalley and Tundra Books for review

The Further Adventures of Miss Petitfour by Anne Michaels - From Netgalley and Tundra Books for review.



Comment or leave me a link and I will see you online again soon.
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment