Jul 19, 2019

#24in48 Readathon




I'm doin' a thing... what thing you ask?
THIS THING!



And what is this thing? Well it is a readathon... that I very much need right now. Below I have quoted the rules from their site and sign ups are still open if you need a reason to sequester yourself inside (or outside) and read for a very long period of time.

"Beginning at 12:01am (official timezone is EDT) on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, participants read for 24 hours out of that 48-hour period.
You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, four hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six four-hour sessions with four hour breaks in between. You can pause as much as you need, enjoy regularly scheduled weekend activities, nap, stop for dance breaks with your kids or pets or neighbors. Whatever works for you.
And that’s it. The format never changes but it’s always an adventure."



Here are some of the books I hope to read during the readathon. 24 hours is a lot of reading time and I need to get to so many books that this doesn't even cover it :) Hopefully I will get through these and more.



I will be tracking my progress on Twitter mostly, but will also try to pop into this blog post as well. I am not sure how I am going to track quite yet but I think analog is the way to go - start and stop times written down. I will have to find a cute notebook :)

Check In 1
1st check in here on the blog - I am at 3 hours and 28 minutes done and I have finished When Summer Ends by Jessica Pennington.

Check In 2

2nd check in - I am at 5 hours and 17 minutes and finished an audiobook that I had started this past week Mr Lemoncello's All-Star Breakout Game by Chris Grabenstein


Check In 3


3rd blog check in, I have been posting more updates on Twitter if you want to follow along real time. As of bedtime Saturday night I was at 11 hours and 28 minutes and have finished more books: Beekeeping for Beginners by Amber BradshawThe Starlight Claim by Tim Wynne-Jones and The Camelot Code by Mari Mancusi.

And a Bonus book: Pirates Don't Go to Kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment