Aug 30, 2026

Building the Book Pile #527

Welcome to Building the Book Pile!

Hi everyone ~ Happy Sunday.

It was another long work week, but I got lots done and met with lots of students about their recruiting plans. The new class is always so fun to be around, they are so enthusiastic and happy to be there and meet to chat. Recruiting season, i.e. companies coming to campus, starts on the 8th, so only a week away. 

Over the course of the week, I have read a little, I am almost done with Hellbound and I read a bunch of kids books from Penguin for some Halloween showcases that I will be posting soon. I love me some spooky season ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป. 
I have also been working on a cross stitch bookmark - taking my time, but I think it is coming out well for my first attempt. 

I also downloaded Strange Antiquities for my PC. I played Strange Horticulture on my Switch and really enjoyed it. I got a bundle so I have both on my PC now and I might do a replay of SH. They are moody-vibe, puzzle games. People come in asking for things an you have to figure out what to give them. There are also little clues you pick up to get more items/ find new information as well. There is always a weird spooky thing happening in the town that all the villagers talk to you about. I like it.

That's all from me this week. Tomorrow I am headed to Boston for the Red Sox v. Mariners game and it is Heated Rivalry night! ๐Ÿงข⚾ I will grab some pics to share next week (hopefully).

How was your week?
  • Currently watching: Shrinked on AppleTV, Lanterns on HBO
  • Still...Currently reading: Hellbound by Stephanie Binh & Monsieur Pain by Roberto Bolano - hoping to finish both today
  • Currently listening to: Ordinary Monsters by J.M. Miro (I took a break so TBD when I re-up)
  • Playing: Strange Antiquities on PC
Linking up with Caffeinated Book Reviewer Sunday Post 

xo steph



Coming up on the Blog

Monthly Re-Cap August

Early Reader Review: A Trophy for the Jackal by Jule Wellerdiek (Youth)

Early Reader Review: Good Night, Break a Leg: Life with Broadway Dads by Bret Shuford (Youth)

Recent Reads: When the Witch Wrote Back by Nathan Christopher (Youth)

Books Received Recently...  


Back to School Round-Up with Penguin Young Readers (Youth) w/ reviews for: Forty the Fortune Teller by Drew Daywalt -⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Crayons' Book of Manners by Drew Daywalt - ⭐⭐⭐
Pencil & Eraser: New Friends Rule by Jenny Alvarado -⭐⭐⭐⭐

Donating Caffeine is greatly appreciated ... Donate on Ko-fi

What have you been reading?  How was your week? Feel free to leave a comment!

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment