Oct 23, 2022

Building the Book Pile #413

Welcome to Building the Book Pile!

Hello Readers, Bloggers, and Awesome people! 

Hi there - I am here... I am just so tired and fall is busy.
Thanks for sticking around. In the past few weeks, we have pulled up the veggie garden because it is already starting to get cold and frost. I planted a bunch of garlic that will be ready next spring (hopefully). 

On the event front, I had to travel for work for a few days, it was nice to get away but I didn't sleep well and got my booster before leaving so I felt icky too. We have had a few fall parties and we went to see Marcel the Shell with Shoes on. Now I want to put eyes and shoes on any shells I find. The movie was super cute, a little sad, but I found it adorable overall. 


We also went to see the 1920 silent version of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde with a live piano accompaniment. We saw Nosferatu last year in the same way and it is such a fun way to experience these older silent films. 

On the book front, I am working on reading a large stack of books I have received for review. It has been a bit overwhelming but I am always appreciative to get books. 

If you are interested in supporting my ability to stay awake and read please consider dontating - Coffee  is appreciated ... Ko-fi
 


Coming up on the Blog


Early Reader Review: The First to Die at the End by Adam Silvera (YA)

Recent Reads: The Way Back Home by Courtney Peppernell (Adult)

Recent Reads: Haven: A Small Cat's Big Adventure by Megan Wagner Lloyd (MG)

Recent Reads: Monster Club by Darren Aronofsky and Ari Handel (MG)

Books Received Recently...   
 
  



Dark Room Etiquette by Robin Roe - from the publisher for review, out as of October 11.

Night Lunch by Eric Fan - From Librarything Early Reviewers program for review.


Comment or leave me a link and I will see you online again soon.
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment