Feb 5, 2021

#24in48 Running Recap




24in48 is back and very much needed for me to catch up this year with some reading (already). If you don't know, 24in48 is the challenge and goal to read for 24 hours out of 48 hours. We start at 12:01 AM ET on Saturday, February 6th and run through 11:59PM ET on Sunday, February 7th. There are no prizes this round, it is all for bragging rights.

For more info here visit their site: https://24in48.com/

Let's Talk "the plan"
Here are the books I hope to read in my 24 hours:
If my reading math is correct that should get me to 24 hours of reading as long as I read as quickly as I normally do. I will be updating this page and my Instagram with updates through the weekend if you want to follow along. I am not going to push it, but I would like try to make the 24 hours. 

With that said... I also still need to find time to prep my planner for next week and complete a short presentation for class (eh it will all work itself out right?...riiiight!)


Here we goooooooooooooooooooooo!

Start time: 7:00 am Saturday

Hour/Progress: 
Started at 7am and read until about 9am this morning and read my chapters for book club, did a run to the Farmers Market and Home Depot for some stuff. The hubs is working on my planter boxes while I read this weekend.

I got some listening to Six of Crows audiobook done while lounging and added on a few more hours to my total. 

As I am updating this it is 9:15ish pm on Saturday and I am on page 300 of Legendary and pushing as long as I can tonight. Currently at 7.5 hours total of reading!




Hour/Progress: 12:02 am
About to head to bed after reading for 9 hours and 36 minutes today. Not the 12 I wanted but still pretty good. 
I finished Legendary, started Six of Crows, did my book club reading, and listened to some of Andy’s book about pirates 
Not sure I will get to the full #24in48 but I am setting a good pace.



Hour/Progress: 8:30 am Sunday
I am up. I just spent 1.5 hours on homework so that I don't have to deal with it later. I am hoping to get a good amount of reading in today again. Starting on page 68 of Six of Crows this morning and hoping to finish it. 


Hour/Progress: 11:45 pm Sunday
Finishing out the night with 18 hours and 21 minutes read in 48.


My accomplishments
  • Reading first!
    • Read for Book Club, 
    • Finished Legendary, 
    • Finished Six of Crows, 
    • got another 2 chapters into A Darker Shade of Magic (wasn't on my list)
    • Listened to a book about pirates for about 30 minutes with the hubs (his read)
    • Read my the Echo Dot instructions and got that set up to play music and my books for me.
  • Other stuff:
    • I also was able to finish a Powerpoint presentation for class, respond to two discussion posts, and add to a draft for my final paper.
    • I only had one Red Bull... (so surprising it was not more)
    • I helped start putting together raised beds for my garden - Photos soon in a BTBP.

No comments:

Post a Comment