Jun 7, 2020

Building the Book Pile #328


Welcome to Building the Book Pile!  A Weekly meme inspired by Stacking the Shelves

Hello Readers, Bloggers, and Awesome people! 


Hello Hello! 

So much has been going on lately!

I need to get this off my chest and out there - I will only accept LOVE and ACCEPTANCE in the comments (pls).

I hope everyone continues to be safe and well this week both physically and mentally. It has been hard on so many people in both ways. I have been saddened to see such racism in our country (STILL), am still shocked by the numbers of infected growing in the pandemic, and confused about how both are being handled so poorly.

This is not a political blog or post by any means, but those of you that are here reading know that I share my opinions and life on this blog, so I wanted you to know where I stand. I stand with all those being oppressed and who need help now, and that is the black community. 

Here are some things the bookish community (and anyone) can do: Read black authors, buy from black owned bookstores and other stores, and donate when and where you can. I know that not everyone agrees, but we can all agree that people have been treated unfairly and we need to do something about that. It is more than just prayers that are needed now.

On to other things - 
A few weeks ago I mentioned putting our house up and moving... well we put the house on the market on a Thursday and got an offer first thing on Friday 😲. We accepted and are awaiting the results from the inspection and to make sure financing goes through and then we are actually headed to FLORIDA!  We are packing everything, and donating and purging the things we don't want to take, it is INTENSE. 
[As a book lover... well... you probably understand - there are SO many boxes of books - my husband might kill me when we are done.]

I am finishing another class up this week and on to the next! I finally get into my concentration classes so I am SUPER excited about that. And I am pushing through review books and other great reads to keep up the content [insert heavy breathing - so much to do].

What are you reading this week? How are you feeling?

If you enjoy the blog and want to share some love and caffeine, you can buy me a coffee via Ko-fi
 



Current Giveaways



Coming up on the Blog

Early Reader Review: You Brought Me the Ocean by Alex Sanchez and Illustrated by Julie Maroh (YA, GN)

Recent Reads: Interview with the Robot by Lee Bacon (MG, Audiobook)

Recent Reads: The Flying Flamingo Sisters by Carrie Seim (MG, Audiobook)



Books Received Recently...

   Primer  Time for Bed's Story  Plastic Soup


Time for Bed's Story by Monica Arnaldo - from Netgalley and Kids Can Press for review.

Plastic Soup by Judith Koppens - from Netgalley and Clavis Publishing for review.



Have you missed anything lately?






Comment and leave me a link to your Round-up/ STS/ Weekly...anything, post and I will stop by and say hello!
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment